General Purpose Scanners
General purpose barcode scanners enable your employees to capture barcodes ranging from everyday UPC codes to high density barcodes used on small items — all from a wide range of scanning distances. General purpose scanners feature durable construction such as scratch-resistant displays and the ability to withstand drops, making sure they provide reliable operation in a variety of settings. They also give you the flexibility to integrate with a variety of host systems. These scanners include Corded, Cordless, 1D, 2D imager built on scanning technologies including Linear, Laser and Image Scanning.
DS8100 Series Handheld Imagers
Ultimate In Performance, Innovation & Manageability
The DS8100 Series handheld scanners rise above conventional imagers to deliver unprecedented scanning performance on 1D and 2D barcodes, innovative productivity enhancing tools and unrivalled manageability to keep your checkout lines moving and your cashiers free to deliver a more personal checkout experience.
- Available in Corded & Cordless Models
- Unparalleled performance on virtually every barcode in any condition
- Superior scan range up to 24 in with Array Imager scanning technology
- Power to scan continuously for 24 hours
- PRZM Intelligent Imaging, the only device to capture a full page document
- Capture multiple barcodes with one press of a scan trigger
In-Store Cordless Freedom
Built for all day and everyday use, the LI4278 offers cordless freedom with Bluetooth compatibility. It also offers better encryption for improved security and better overall wireless performance.
The LI4278 is backward compatible with its key accessory — the cradle — which works with its cousins, the LS4278 and DS6878. Superior battery power management delivers the largest number of scans per battery charge to support scan intensive applications. You can use it in dusty and wet environments and it can survive a 6 foot/1.8 m drop
- Excellent 1D scanning performance
- Captures virtually all 1D bar codes on any surface including mobile phone displays
- Reads UPC bar codes from 1 in to over 30 inches
- Superior motion and angular tolerance
- Use up to 3 scanners with a single desktop cradle and 7 scanners with presentation cradle
The DS6878-DL cordless 2D imager offers the complete data capture functionality required to streamline and error-proof everyday processes. Comfortable and easy-to-use, this single device can capture all common barcodes (1D, 2D and PDF417) on labels as well as on mobile phone displays.
The optional hands-free presentation cradle enables additional advanced capabilities: signature, document and photo capture; optical character recognition (OCR) to capture text in documents; and MICR to capture numeric information on the bottom of checks.
- Industry first – 1D laser scanning performance on 2-D bar codes
- Captures 1-D, 2-D and PDF417 bar codes
- Business class durability with best in class drop specifications of 6 ft
- Flexible horizontal or vertical mounting
- Bluetooth v2.1 with EDR